No one likes to talk about wills, as we like to think that we are going to live forever. However, having a will is arguably one of the most important things you can do for yourself and your family. Not only can a will legally protect your spouse, children, and assets, it also spells out exactly how you would like things handled after you have passed on.
10 key reasons to have a will:
- You decide how your estate will be distributed
- You decide who will take care of your minor children
- To avoid a lengthy probate process
- To minimize estate taxes
- So that you decide who will wind up the affairs of your estate
- Allows you to disinherit individuals who would otherwise stand to inherit
- You can make gifts and donations
- Avoid greater legal challenges
- Because you can change your will if your life circumstances change
- Because tomorrow is not promised
If you die without a will, it means you have died “intestate.” When this happens, the intestacy laws will determine how your property is distributed upon your death. This includes any bank accounts, securities, real estate, and other assets you own at the time of death.
You have worked hard all your life to build your wealth and legacy. Do not let anyone else decide what happens to it. Simplicity Financial works with Capital Legacy to set up Wills, Trusts as well as Living Wills.
Click below and get Gavin to help you secure your legacy.Contact Gavin